* Communications Interface
Manage a NET92 or any RS232 device from
the host computer via a LAN, WAN or the Internet, as if it
were connected locally.
is a communication interface which connects RS485/232 equipment
to Ethernet -TCP/
IP systems. Any serial equipment with any asynchronous protocol
can use Etherlite to send and receive data on local or geographical
networks based on IP protocols.
Moreover, EtherLite implements and manages directly the TMC-NET92
protocol for TMC terminals.
The communication is extremely efficient: the polling of all
TMC terminals connected in RS485 is carried out locally. DLL
libraries and an OCX module are available to support the communications
with a PC. For this purpose, the standard API (socket or Winsock)
can also be used.
The possible system configurations are shown in the illustration.
In the picture you can see the connections of TMC terminals
or, in general, RS232 and 485 devices from other vendors to
a remote PC equipped with an Ethernet interface. In this case,
it is possible to carry out an on-line system by using an
OCX control (available on the TMC website free of charge)
for the software development.
Main technical features Ethernet/IP port:
- Communication speed: 10 Mbit/s
- Buffer for messages to TTY ports: unlimited
- Connectors: RJ45 for 10Base-T
- Managed protocols : ARP - ICMP (only PING) - UDP/IP
(TCP/IP compatible) UDP port: configurable
- Packets format: UDP without header (UDP transparent)
or with packets type and numbering (TMC mode)
Asynchronous serial port (TTY):
Electrical Interfaces: two separate outlets (in parallel)
in the RS232 and RS485 tandards.
- Connectors: screw connectors for RS485 - RJ11 for RS232
- Communication speed: 300, 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200,57600
- NET92 Protocol: (9600, 19200, 57600 baud), can be disabled.
- Handshake RS232: hardware (CTS, RTS)and/or software
(XON-XOFF and/or ACK-NAK).
- Possibility to transfer binary files.
- Messages terminator: buffer length, timeout or character
- Buffer length for messages to Ethernet: >1150B in
UDP mode - transparent.
All modern desktop operating systems offer
built-in TCP/IP protocols and can therefore communicate with
Along with EtherLite, TMC supplies:
- EtherTest, a program for immediate remote configuration
of all EtherLite parameters and for testing terminals.
It is provided along with the source code which shows
the format of the UDP packets and of the communication
with EtherLite using the WinSocket API.
- EtherCtrl.OCX for developing your online/offline applications.
A demo program for evaluation and testing is provided
in VB6 source code.
983.010.20 EtherLite Ethernet
Accessories: 510.002.00 BOX2 IP56 plastic box (mm150x110x70)
(GE 44 206)
- Signal/LED: 3 leds - Yellow: network activity
- Green and Red: interface status
- Settings retention: permanent in EEPROM.
Reset when restarted
- Reset key: two modes (simple reset and
default configuration resetting)
- Power supply: 9 to14 Vdc, 80mA max.
- Working temperature: 0C to 50 °C
- Storage temperature: -20 °C to +70 °C
- Humidity: 0 to 95 % non condensing
- Dimensions (without cables): 55 x 98 x
18 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 39 g
authorized TMC reseller in CR
address: Náměstí 5. května 3, 290 01 Poděbrady
phone: (+420) 0324 611018, 610181; fax: (+420) (0)324 610505